General Engineering Program Advising
For students exploring engineering or computing
Welcome to your Academic Community!
As the college's Student Success Coordintor, Jennifer Clark supports undergraduates students...
- who declared General Engineering as their academic advisor;
- part of the COE-Xploration Cohort
- submitting a GARC or CERC appeals;
- returning from academic suspension or submitting an academic suspension appeal; and
- looking to get connected with their academic community.
Additional details related to these topics are below. When you are ready to schedule an appointment, please use one of the buttons below for instructions.
Perfect! As the academic advisor for students exploring engineering and computer science, Jennifer has created a process for selecting a major that aligns with your interests, talents and goals. Advising will include:
- taking math & science courses that all enginering or computing students take;
- taking an introductory course for engineering and/or computer science;
- identifying ways to get involved within the college from your Freshman year; and
- connecting your interests in the engineering and computer science career fields to an appropriate degree.
While not a degree program, the general engineering flowchart aligns with the first year of courses in any engineering or computer science major and maximizes on the opportunity to explore interests while moving forward academically. When ready, students are coached through the transition into a dedicated major in engineering or computer science and formally connected to their academic department.
We're so glad you're part of our college! Emily Mason will provide academic advising the formulate an academic plan for the major in our college you are pursuing. Her specialty is re-organizing curriculum plans from any math course. Most importantly...she's here to connect you with the NACOE community!
Welcome back! Please follow the detailed process available on the Navigating Suspension webpage. If you are ready to schedule an appointment, either use the scheduler below or call the Dean's Office (406-994-2272) to schedule an appointment.
Please follow the detailed process available on the Navigating Suspension webpage. When you have your materials ready and need to schedule an appointment, either use the scheduler below or call the Dean's Office (406-994-2272) to schedule an appointment.
Please use the "How to" guide for preparing your GARC or CERC appeal materials. After you have met with your academic advisor, please use the scheduler below to organize an appointment. You may also call (406-994-2272) or stop in the Dean's Office (237 Asbjornson Hall) if alternative meeting time options are needed.
Already decided on an engineering or computer science major? Wonderful! Declaring is easily managed through the Office of the Registrar's electronic Change of Curriculum process.
Department professional advisors name(s ) and contact information can be found on the NACOE Online Advising Center's "Academic Advising" webpage."