2020-2021 Focus Groups
- Include more photos of diverse students on college/departmental web pages. Idea: include a photo of each department's current graduate student cohort on its web pages.
- Encourage underrepresented students to recruit friends and associates from their previous institution.
- Inform underrepresented students of the Diversity and Inclusion Student Commons and provide a home department point of contact.
- Host a listening session that includes NACOE black students, Academic Council and NACOE Diversity and Inclusion Committee members.
- Invite a prominent black engineer or computer scientist to give a (virtual) seminar presentation.
- Incorporate contributions by black practitioners into departmental curriculum.
- Form a student chapter of the National Society of Black Engineers. Sponsor students to attend NSBE's fall national or spring regional conferences. Consider MSU hosting a spring NSBE regional conference in the future.
- Hire black faculty and staff.
- ASEE Anti-Racism Resources
- Blacks in Technology
- Institute for African-American Mentoring in Computing Sciences
- MSU Leadership Institute Racial Injustice Information
- NADOHE Webinars
- On Becoming an Anti-Racist University
Student Group To Be Determined
NACOE Diversity and Inclusion Committee Members
Feel free to make suggestions and provide feedback!
- David Claudio (Industrial Engineering Professor)
- Christine Foreman (Associate Dean and Chemical Engineering Professor)
- Bernadette McCrory (Mechanical and Industrial Engineering)
- Flynn Murray (Civil Engineer Ph.D. Student)
- John Paxton (Gianforte School of Computing Director, committee chair)
- Maria Velazquez (Dean's Office, ex officio)