Engineering Ambassadors is a program started by the MSU College of Engineering in 2001 with the purpose of:
- promoting the College of Engineering to prospective students and their families.
- inspiring young people to pursue careers and opportunities in Engineering by educating high school students about engineering and what engineers do.
- providing a voice for students in the College of Engineering.
- enhancing retention by educating prospective students on the skills, classes, and occupations involved in the different engineering disciplines - promoting a "good fit."
Since its creation, the Engineering Ambassadors program has been involved in many activities, including:
- Daily tours through Admissions
- High School Visits
- Expanding Your Horizons
- Engineer-a-thon (and other Engineering Week events)
- Science Olympiad
- MSU For A Day
- MSU Friday
- Postcards and e-mails to prospective students
- Career Fairs
- Student representation at the Engineering Advisory Council
- Student forums