Recognition Ceremony Friday, May 4, 2018 | 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. in Shroyer Gym
This ceremony will combine the Order of the Engineer Ring Ceremony, the Pledge of the Computing Professional, and recognition of students who have earned an International Engineering Certificate. Participation in the ceremony is voluntary. For more information about the Order of the Engineer and the Pledge of the Computing Professional, please read on.
To see where Shroyer Gym is, see the campus map.
Info About the Order of the Engineer...
- fellowship of engineers trained in science and technology and dedicated to the teaching, administration, or practice of their profession.
- initiation includes adherence to a Creed and acceptance of a stainless steel ring to be worn on the small finger of the working hand (no further meetings or dues)
- for those who have met the high standards of engineering training, administration or practice, and who voluntarily accept the Obligation.
The Order of the Engineer is an indication of pride in engineering by a profession that believes in learned preparation and devoted service.
The Pledge of the Computing Professional is similar to the Order of the Engineer, but instead of a ring, inductees receive a pin.
View Images from a Previous Recognition Ceremony
Click on an image to navigate through the image gallery.
College of Engineering Celebration Friday, May 4, 2018 | 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. in Shroyer Gym
Commencement Saturday, May 5
Access through the Fitness Center is restricted. (See link below to campus map.)
Where? Brick Breeden Fieldhouse
When? Saturday, May 5, 2018, ceremony will begin at 1:30 p.m.*
The processional will begin at 1:10 p.m.
*Students must line-up by 12:15 p.m.
Click here for other information on the Registrar's Office website.
Other Information for Graduates and their Families
All documents will open in a new window.
Graduates and their family can purchase photos from Lifetouch Photography.
- Interactive campus map
- Printable campus map (PDF)
- Check back for other details as they become available.
You may require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDFs on this page.